Tuesday 9 February 2010

Teri's Handmade Home Launch

Welcome to Teri's Handmade Home!

You might be thinking "that's a bit familiar! Didn't Kirstie Allsopp do that?" well you're right she did and now it is my turn! Now the strange thing is I don't have a home - yet! I am waiting to go on the local housing register in Lancaster and so my new home won't be a gorgeous 5 bedroom house like Kirstie's it will be a council house but I'm determined to make it a beautiful council house! The theme throughout will be vintage/shabby chic. I will be getting my furniture from Freegle.org so I will have no idea what it will look like but I will be painting it all so it all fit together. But the furniture will have to wait until I've got my home with the exception of the few items I have here to take with me like the old chest of drawers in my bedroom that needs sanding, painting and new handles!

You might be wondering what can I do without seeing the house and actually moving in but I could have a long wait for the house so I am planning ahead and will be making things for my house in advance! It won't be one room at a time but will be various projects from various rooms in no particular order. The first project I'm planning is something I haven't done since I was a little child - embroidery. I've seen some embroidered towels that are my inspiration and so I'm going to do my own! This is a brave action as I'm a little scared of it! I will keeping this blog throughout with before and after photo's and I hope it will inspire you to have a go too!

Before I finish my little intro I must just say Thank you to my friend Maria for designing my Blog Banner! She is one of the most talented, creative people I know!

So let the excitement and creativity begin!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments so do please leave me one even if it's just 'hi' so I know you've popped by :-)