Monday 6 September 2010

*Making Blankets For My New Home*

While I haven't been posting much I am still busy thinking, dreaming and planning and even pushing every door I can to get my own place! The latest on that is I am going to see YMCA who run a deposit bond scheme so that I may be able to privately rent without needing to find the massive amount of money for deposit and up to 2 months rent in advance! I will let you know when I go and how I get on!

In the meantime I am still making things for my new home and also have mum saving ice cream containers for me for storage!


So here are some pictures of the blankets I am working on. The cream one is a simple one that I can do even if I'm tired and watching tv because the pattern is easy to get into routine with and takes no thinking at all!


This is my cream and pink one and this started out as a project to learn new stitches on however there are 2 problems with it. 1. it's been a long time since I did anything on it and halfway through a row I have forgotten how to do the stitch I'm on. The book I took it from has gone back to the library and can't be borrowed again ( I think someone has lost it!); and 2. Somehow with all these different stitches my sides aren't straight! A bit of a bother but I plan to see if I can add a fringe or border when it's finished so it doesn't notice! That's the thing about hand crafting you make mistakes but also have the skill to hide them! And mistakes prove that an item is handmade and not mass produced by machine! I love the fact that when I have these in use in my own home I will be proud to say I made them!

I hope you enjoy seeing the things I am making and it will inspire you to go and try something new or make something pretty for your home!

1 comment:

  1. ooh, I love crochet blankets and these look lovely ... hope to hear some good news about your house soon!

    Maria x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments so do please leave me one even if it's just 'hi' so I know you've popped by :-)