Friday 28 January 2011

Baby Blanket 2

You may remember I started a baby blanket in white and filet crochet with butterflies? It was very pretty and I started off really well but then I started making lots of mistakes so I started another simpler one. Well that one is almost finished (just got to secure the ribbon) so now it's time to get on with this one. I have undone it to start from scratch. I have also taken some advice from Maria to make the filet crochet squares instead of rectangles. Instead of doing 1 treble, 2 chain, miss 2 trebles, 1 treble. Maria found that 1 treble, 1 chain, miss 1 treble, 1 treble is much better and she was right! I have also been having a play at designing my own filet crochet designs!  These are the ones I did all the same size so I can do a patchwork style blanket (project for a later date) and here are the photo's of them...


I am very proud of the rabbit which is entirely my own design! I decided to make my life less complicated I needed to have a symetrical design so to keep it simple (in a good way) I picked 3. The heart, well just an outline, the bunny, couldn't leave him out and the butterfly in flight. And I have already completed the first set of motifs...





I'm loving it and the great news is that it is much easier to keep track of the pattern so I'm a calmer crocheter! Thank to Picasa for the collage photo's! it made it very easy to make them up and the blog doesn't take lots of scrolling down to see them all!

I hope you like what I've done and feel free to copy the patterns.

1 comment:

I love reading your comments so do please leave me one even if it's just 'hi' so I know you've popped by :-)